The Modern Digital Workplace Specialist is responsible for supporting end user devices through modern workplace management systems (EMM/UEM/MDM), e.g. Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (i.e. MECM (SCCM) + Intune), including but not limited to Windows PCs (laptops, desktops) and in the future mobile devices (Android, iOS). This role will include setting up manual or zero/light touch enrollment scenarios (i.e. Microsoft Autopilot) and managing/configuring the OS within the EMM/UEM/MDM management tool. These OS configurations include a combination of policies, patches, and application packages that meet the needs of the business. Knowledge of application packaging is part of this role as well as responsibility for distributing components (patches, packages, configurations, scripts, etc.) to end user devices using the management tool.
As a Modern Digital Workplace Specialist you should be familiar with traditional operating system support tools (MECM, MDT). You will take responsibility for managing modern operating systems with the EMM/UEM/MDM toolsets (Intune).
The Modern Digital Workplace Specialist will also be responsible for supporting the modern EMM/UEM/MDM device management environment. This includes configuration and maintenance of the cloud-based or on-premise solutions, as well as integration of the management solution into the production environment. For legacy toolsets, the Modern Digital Workplace Specialist will also be responsible for the coordination and, if required, regular maintenance/backup of the modern management environment and its functional components, future-facing customization is also a component.
– Responsible for planning, documenting, testing and maintaining the global Microsoft Endpoint Center Configuration Manager (MECM) infrastructure.
– Perform configuration changes to existing operating systems in accordance with the provided OS configuration requirements document
– Schedule distribution of software packages to target audiences via the device management tool within the required duration and timeframe
– Import and manage software using the Enterprise Management Solution; maintain the enterprise self-service portal used for pull installations of applications and other user-initiated support functions
– Monitor and report on distribution results throughout the distribution lifecycle
– Troubleshoot software distribution issues and other complex troubleshooting as required
– Completing all activities in compliance with prescribed timelines
– Perform Quality Assurance activities to ensure the platform and all its components operate successfully in the customer environment
– Adhere to best practices, processes, procedures, documents and guidelines.
– Conduct product evaluations as requested by the Service Owner
– Ensure the timely and accurate certification of both hardware and software in line with client specifications and agreed standards
– Develop technical documentation (build, testing, checklists, etc.) for new versions/releases, patches and OS configurations
– Contribute to the development and continued maintenance of internal processes in line with operational and business requirements
– Work to resolve complex issues arising because of modern workplace platform management activities. This includes but is not limited to software versioning, interoperability, hardware or network issues for both middleware and modern digital workplace devices.
– Managing self service portal(s)
– Continuously monitor the quality of the platform to ensure highest possible end user satisfaction ratings
– Perform evaluation of new configurations, customizations, tools
– Completing assigned tasks in a timely manner
– Driving innovation in the area of Modern Workplace in Knauf
– Support Modern Workspace related projects
Working experience & expertise:
– At least 2 years’ experience in Device Management tools
– Excellent experience with MS Windows operating system
– Modern Workspace expertise and good knowledge of modern EMM tools with focus on Intune and their integrations with 3rd party tools (MECM, Azure, InTune Windows AutoPilot)
– Experienced professional in IT infrastructure subjects
– Ability to perform the activities mentioned in the job role description
– Microsoft certification preferred
– Demonstrated capability to participate in standardization and transformation of a global organization
Technical skills required:
Knowledge of IT services related to:
– Good experience with MECM (current branch)
– Good experience InTune
– Basic knowledge in Windows Server
– Knowledge in scripting (Batch; PowerShell; RunBooks; VB Script)
– Good foresight for new solutions, services
– Good communication skills, both written and verbal and strong service orientation
– Good general infrastructure skills
– Fluent in English technical , optional German, other languages a bonus